Friday, June 16, 2006

In Transit

I brace myself for the ride ahead.
Inadequately attired ... excited.
The naked, sinuating road embraces me.
The engine finds its bearings and the pace is set.
Above, through the flitting grey clouds, a glimpse of the eternal voyeur.
A crescent today ... she's smiling back.

Neither lonesome nor silent, this night wouldn't linger on.
Maybe it's the soughing wind.
It whispers, licks, bites, twirls, giggles and then leaves.
She'll be back though ... over now, over again.
Teasing me all the time.
And, then it happens.
Little drops at first ... caressing me.
Trickling all over me, tickling me all over.
I quiver, I shudder ... quenched.
It drenches me, sweet release this.
Breathless, I gasp.
Exhale yet?
Well, exhale now.

I afford observation a moment.
There, the missing element – day’s orb, ushered in.
The rustling, the chirping, the blushing sky;
All lauding a journey well made.
An extended pause, the mind shall now rest.
Briefly though.
The picture is now complete.
But the paintbrush awaits another canvas.

2 comments:

Sergio A. Ortiz Rivera said...

I have read up to this point and I have discovered you have an excellent sense of humor Abhi .... great job... I am smiling. I just woke up and logged on to Orkut and this has been a delight to read.

Serg

Anonymous said...

this poem was awesome... the way u describe it, can picture the scenary...